Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Retail Therapy

So, of course, it being the long Memorial Day weekend, my friend dragged me to the Outlets to do a little shoppy shop tody. And, of course, I was more than willing. Been spending a bit more lately, but I'm in the safe zone financially right now, so I am justifying it. Of course. ;-) And I took quite a nice haul today, too. I'm venturing outside Anthro & JCrew! Shocker! Oh, and please excuse my crappy photos. I was trying to get these while there was still natural light, but that was fading fast.


First, we have the shoes (always with the shoes).


Bought at: Off Saks Fifth Avenue Outlet
Designer: BCBGMaxAzria
Price: 30% off - Paid $111.99




I LUV these. Didn't give them a first look, but then did a double-take when someone was trying them on. They fulfill my fashion-forward side and are so comfy! I'll probably add an insert to increase the comfort, and there's plenty of room to do so. I got my normal 9 1/2 but could have sized down a half size; however, there were none in that size. These also came in a dark brown color.


Bought at: Banana Republic Outlet
Price: 40% off - $41.99





LUV these, too! I eyed them pretty quickly as they remind me completely of a designer I love, Chie Mihara. I have several pairs of her shoes, but they do run pretty expensive. These are very much in the same vain, but a whole lot less money!! Win!! They did not have my size, but I got these in a 9 and they feel fine, especially since they're sandals. The strap is a little different, too, as it loops through and then to the back to notch.


Next, we have some accessories. I am an accessories slut.


Bought at: Banana Republic Outlet
Price: 40% off - from $7.79 to $11.99



Not much explanation necessary. I see baubles I like, I buy. Was looking for some turquise stuff to go with a necklace I got at Target, so these match great. Also, the earrings and fuschia bracelet may be worn with the dress I got today that is a definite contender for that wedding I have in August. See, I told you that first dress wasn't safe. I'm always looking for other options.


Now, on to the dresses! (Cuz I can never have enough, right? ;-) )


Bought at: Off Saks Fifth Avenue Outlet
Designer: Tart
Price: 20% off - Paid $63.99




Now, I've been on the fence about Maxi dresses since they became "in" a few seasons ago. I am tall, but I didn't think I could pull one off wihtout looking preggers. I was wrong. You just have to find the right style for you. Plus, I'm not exactly small on top so I needed adequate coverage, but still able to go sans bra if I needed to. This one fits all my criteria. Summer, jersey, comfy loveliness. All sorts of WIN. I wanted this dress where the pattern was more black near the top, but they didn't have it in my size. C'est la vie.


Bought at: Off Saks Fifth Avenue Outlet
Designer: 5|48
Price: 20% off - Paid $83.99





Now, this. This is a definite contender for the wedding. It's jersey, but a bit more fancy with the silk print detail going on. It's a halter, but the cups have light padding, so I'd be fine there. The back is completely open, but it being a Maxi dress, I wouldn't feel too exposed. I can get away with wearing flat sandals, too, because it's not super long. In short, WIN. And it's reeeally pweeetty. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous,  May 29, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

um. cutest shoes & dresses EVER

Anonymous,  June 1, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

i got the same sandals BCBG gladiator flats in Marshall I paid $39.99...they are so comfy....

Anonymous,  June 2, 2009 at 6:59 PM  

can i do shopping with you?! thanks

love the bcbg shoes

eeps. June 6, 2009 at 2:33 AM  

lovvvvvvve the bcbg shoes! LOOOVE!!

Visits


Snow Effect

Legal Brownie

Creative Commons License The Brownie Queen by Marta B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://thebrowniequeen.blogspot.com.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP