Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Note On...My Sanity



Yeah, Hi.


So I said I'd be better and I haven't been. Seriously, ever been totally consumed with something and just cannot focus on much else? Well, that's been me for the past couple weeks. An innocent viewing of a movie turned into a obsession I haven't had to this degree since Dawson's Creek. Yeah, I know. That was pretty bad. Watching the show religiously, but it was the online involvement that turned my head inside out. Me, when I get obsessive, I look for anything and everything related to my obsession. Dawson's entailed me habitually visiting certain fan sites and message boards and reading fanfic with a voracious appetite that would not dissipate. It's all consuming, this kind of obsessive state of mind. My brother's laughing, but I really think he's concerned for my mental state at the moment, haha. And I know myself. This thing that's taken over has already dwindled a bit since I've just finished reading the books (So sad! It feels like Harry Potter all over again...), so I know I'm on my way to re-establishing normalcy in my routine. It didn't help that this hit at the same time that is the busiest time at work for me. Nuts!


On the flip side, isn't it great to be so involved, so passionate or focused on something and be that dedicated? I do. I just have a hard time finding the balance. I can look forward to obsessing for the next couple years until all the rest of the movies come out (New Moon out in Nov.; Eclipse set for next summer; no news on Breaking Dawn but, really, they can't not do that movie). Want to hear nuts? I already own the 2-disc DVD, but discovered a set of special feature videos on You Tube that I couldn't understand why I didn't have. Well, stupid me, I guess there's a special edition 3-disc set only at Target. I discovered this one night. So what do I do? I hit Target before work the next day to make sure I get a copy. Yeah, brother Pete was looking at me funny when I made my discovery and told of my plans. Yahuh.


So I did a vampire double-feature with a friend last weekend since she's never seen Twilight (I ended up giving her the 1st copy that I bought. Aren't I generous?). And so I added Let the Right One In into our night to make it so. A Swedish flick about a pre-teen vampire girl and the boy who befriends her. Wow. It was amazing. Some of the best cinematography I've seen. Prolly should have watched Twilight after it instead of the way we did it. A lot more creepy and gory than Twilight.


And I just got a set of books by another author I like, and these just so happen to be about vampires (not that I'll be reading them right now as I'm still in a hard-core Twi-mode. Re-reading the books. Yup).


I tell ya, vampires are on the brain right now! And it's all a total coincidence! I swear!


So, I hope I haven't scared anyone off. I have a feeling my blog friends will totally understand me, right? Right?! We all have our little obsessions and quirks. Heck, that's why most of us start these blog things anyway (here I steer you over to JCrew Aficionada and Effortless Anthropologie, for example; blogs about stores we love so much we blog about them daily; see what I mean?). Now, if anyone wants to come out of the "closet" about being a Twi-fan, I'm here to support you. And please know, I am NOT one of those crazed twi-hard fanatics doing ridiculously stupid things to make the rest of us 2nd-hand embarassed. Ugh. I shudder at that. If you want to have a pee-in-your-pants good read about anything Twilight related, head over to the Letters to Twilight blog run by some fabulous girls. It feels like home there right now, haha. We know we get a little nuts, but we're able to poke fun at ourselves at the same time. See the banner at right ------>. They also run Letters to Rob. Oh, and I discovered Lauren's Bite through LTT. The girl is hilariously funny. Especially with her misadventures of Pocket Edward posts. Although, he seems to be missing at the moment. Taken hostage. No joke. Read here.


So, I promise this blog will not turn into a Twilight only blog. I have many other things to write and obsess about. It's just, that's where my mind is right now, so you'll have to bear with me. And if you haven't discovered the amazingness that is Twilight, what are you waiting for? I'll be waiting with open arms to discuss it all when you are caught up. Hell, I've already converted THREE of my peeps. Yup. I AM the Master Manipulator. Really, they just knew attempts at resistence were futile. So now I have peeps in the real world to discuss all things Twilight rather than just my blog friends, haha.

I leave you with this...

Only 225 Days until New Moon!

Editor's Note:

I just got GQ today, the one with Rob on the cover. And I just finished reading the article. It made me feel a bit depressed. Seriously, I feel kinda bad for the guy. But I prolly shouldn't. What do you think? Have you read it? Do you share my feelings?


3 comments:

Lmac April 11, 2009 at 10:31 PM  

Love all the pics you posted on Robert Pattison. He's such a hottie!

Anonymous,  April 24, 2009 at 11:47 PM  

I have been going to sleep every night for the past couple months listening to the Twilight series on audiobooks. It's given me a new perspective on the books and I look at certain characters and their actions differently- this way I don't wolf the stories down like I do when I'm reading! Thanks for the gorgeous Cedri- I mean, Ed-, I mean RPATZ pics!

Anonymous,  April 30, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

Totally feel your pain!!!! I just jumped on the Twilight bandwagon. Have read almost all of the books (finishing the last one at the moment) and had to have the 3 disk DVD also. What's really bad is I am a 30 year old mom of two! Should I be obsessed with teenage vampires and werewolves? I can't help it though - the books were that good!!! I'm hoping the obsession will wear off with time!

Visits


Snow Effect

Legal Brownie

Creative Commons License The Brownie Queen by Marta B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://thebrowniequeen.blogspot.com.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP