Thursday, February 5, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic (the movie, not me)

I feel I had to clarify that because some people might think we're talking about me. Yes, I have a slight problem with shopping, as I said. But not to the degree of Becky Bloomwood in the book series, now made into a movie. She's got a problem to the, like, nth degree.
Now if you're looking for something serious and literary, you won't find that here. The books are lighthearted and fun. I enjoyed them and sometimes re-read parts to get a laugh. The movie is coming out in about a week, Valentine's Day weekend to be exact. I wasn't sure I was happy with the casting decisions, but I may change my mind. I do like the actors that are in it, and I know the rights being sold means the production company can do whatever they want with adapting the books; but I do hope they do a decent job.



Isla Fisher as Rebecca "Becky" Bloomwood


Hugh Dancy as Luke Brandon

This one will have to be seen with some girlfriends at Lux Level at the movie theater. See, at Lux Level you sit in a separate section of the theater and are able to order food and drink, alcoholic drinks to be specific. The seats are big and comfy and it's really quite fun. I just went for the first time recently to see Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood. Great film.
Here's another wacky outfit that Isla wears in the movie. Styling look familiar? It's Patricia Field, the same costumer for Sex and the City, Ugle Betty and The Devil Wears Prada.

2 comments:

Biba February 7, 2009 at 6:13 AM  

Cool, i didn't know this book had become a movie! Can't wait til its in the UK :)

Anonymous,  February 7, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

I LOVE Isla Fisher. I hope she does a good job with it!

Visits


Snow Effect

Legal Brownie

Creative Commons License The Brownie Queen by Marta B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://thebrowniequeen.blogspot.com.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP