Thursday, January 22, 2009

Living in a Remodeling Zone

I was going to say "Construction Zone," but I guess the major construction is over. For now. I'm talking about the house I bought with my brother at the end of last summer. Life events, namely my father passing, prompted us to sell our parents' condo and buy a single family house in our names. Our Mom lives there with us, as she is unable to be alone right now. And most likely for the foreseeable future. Our other brother is "living it up" in the army. He's stationed at Fort Bragg in North Carolina right now, but we think he'll be heading to Iraq within the next few months. Scary.




Visiting St. Louis for boot camp graduation - Silly, silly boys

The house project has been a great distraction. We couldn't even move in when we bought it because of demo that needed to be done. 2 weeks of staying with family turned into 2 1/2 months. Living out of a suitcase was getting pretty old! We finally moved in the day before Halloween last year. And the work continues on. And on. And on.

My brother is project manager. He's pretty handy, so with help of family in the business and their contacts, we're getting it done. He took some photos of the house before and during some of the major remodeling. Total mess! I'll be posting some of the before and after photos as we progress further. It's seriously amazing what we did to the bathroom and kitchen already. They were the 2 worst rooms in the house and now they're my favorite. In the meantime, check out the new bar stools we just got from Target. Yay! for breakfast/cocktail bar!



Cocktail anyone? Make mine a margarita!

Oh, and check out some random shots of my brother and I boxing each other on the Wii when he was home for Thanksgiving. I was so totally kicking his ass. Hehehe...





Take that!

4 comments:

Anonymous,  January 23, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

I love Wii Boxing! Do you have Wii Fit? So amazingly fun.

Marta January 23, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

Such a workout! No, no Wii fit. Kinda want to try it though, especially yoga.

Anonymous,  April 22, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

okay sorry for not commenting on this blog post, but that CAT in your header!? I LOVE HIM/HER! is he/she yours!?
Hugs, UC

Marta April 22, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

Um, actually, no. I kinda found that photo a while ago and saved it and then when I started the blog, liked it. *whistles innocently* Haha. But he/she does completely look like a cat I used to have (her name was Zoe); and the photo is very similar to the style I like to shoot in most.

Visits


Snow Effect

Legal Brownie

Creative Commons License The Brownie Queen by Marta B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://thebrowniequeen.blogspot.com.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP