Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Girl Crush: Zooey Deschanel

Ok, so admittedly, I have a bit of a celebrity girl crush on Zooey Deschanel. I've just moved on from Alexis Bledel (blame marathon watching of Gilmore Girls which I own on DVD, eek).



Out with the Old




In with the New




I'm getting more into She & Him, the musical duo she's in. Can I say how fab her voice is? If you've seen Elf, then you know she exhibits some of her talent in the scene where she's showering and Will Ferrell freaks her out by joining her. Anyway, anyway, she's got a great voice. Like one of the old singer standards, such as Billie Holliday or Ella Fitzgerald or Nina Simone. I love them. I also just randomly watched Failure to Launch on TV this past weekend and discovered she's in it. Yay! Of course, she's her cute, hipster, aloof Zooey-self in it, which made me love her more.




If you know Zooey, then you might know she has a sister, Emily. Emily is on the show Bones on FOX. I never really watched it before, but I've seen some episodes recently and I'm getting hooked! Maybe it's the attraction of David Boreanaz. I mean, I did religiously watch Buffy and then he moved onto Angel, which I didn't watch so faithfully, but it was still great. Emily and David's (aka Bones and Booth) chemistry is so cute to watch. You just know the show's going to end when they put those two together. I hope. cross fingers




Zooey's working on the music gig and her film 500 Days of Summer just premiered at Sundance to great reviews. I guess it doesn't come out for the rest of us until July. Go figure.



If you get Domino magazine (like I do), then you also saw her in the latest issue showing us her fabulously styled music/hang out space.






She's also just done an ad campaign for Oliver Peoples spring/summer 2009. So very retro and cute. Just like Zooey!


AND! I just read that the girl is engaged! To this guy, right here (the one in the glasses).

Luv them!

Man, she is quite the busy little bee. And so, those are some reasons why you, too, should love Zooey.

Tomorrow: Guy Crush. Oh, and it's so worth a visit to see who it is. ;-)

3 comments:

Carl January 22, 2009 at 2:05 PM  

I ah... totally have a thing for Zooey. :O)

Anonymous,  January 24, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

We have the same girl crush! I also LOVE Rachel McAdams. Sooo perty and talented.

Anonymous,  April 25, 2009 at 12:35 AM  

I have the most enormous crush on her!!

Visits


Snow Effect

Legal Brownie

Creative Commons License The Brownie Queen by Marta B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://thebrowniequeen.blogspot.com.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP