Saturday, January 31, 2009

Football Fiesta

So, I'm heading to a Super Bowl party tomorrow. Now, I don't really like football. Never have. I've had people explain it to me, but I don't think the rules ever stuck because I never cared to remember them. In one ear, and right out the other. Just not my thing.

However, a party with friends and food I'm always up for. Plus! The party has been made more fun with a "Wear Your Pajamas" theme. Since we here in New England are Pats fans, and they aren't in the Bowl this year, the hosts have come up with another way for us to enhance the fun factor. And I love a good theme party.

My brother and I would always add a theme to our parties as it just adds so much more to the party-going experience. We've done a hat themed party for our housewarming back when we shared an apartment. We did a No Pants party last winter just as a random idea. And it was in the middle of winter, so that was interesting. A friend, a guy friend, showing up in an ice skating costume was just priceless. Oh, yeah. It had sparkles, too.

Anyway, I'm bringing a couple food dishes to the party, so I'll be baking/cooking tomorrow morning. Kept it easy, yummy and fun, since it is a football party. At a friend's suggestion, I'm going to be making Brownie Footballs (ahem, Brownie Queen) and Roasted Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce. The brownie recipe was a great idea that I shall be putting my own twist on, and the shrimp is courtesy of the Barefoot Contessa and her new book, Back to Basics, which I picked up the other day with a gift card. I actually saw the episode on the Food Network that showed her making the shrimp and I was almost drooling. I am loving shrimp lately.





It'd be great to wear the apron I've been haunting at Anthro, but alas, it has not gone on sale yet, and I am not paying $38 for a small piece of fabric. Go on sale! It's super cute with owls all over it. I am infatuated with all things owl for a while now. I think it may have started when I worked at Anthro about a year ago, and they seemed to get tons of owl-related merchandise in the store. So I'd like the apron, please, and maybe this cute little dish towel, as well.





Anthro Owl Invasion Apron
Anthro Wide-Eyed Dishtowel

Have a great weekend, everyone!

0 comments:

Visits


Snow Effect

Legal Brownie

Creative Commons License The Brownie Queen by Marta B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://thebrowniequeen.blogspot.com.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP