Sunday, January 25, 2009

Allez Target!


So I made a little stop a Target tonight that turned into a longer stop. As always. That store seriously sucks me in. You have a list (cereal). You head straight for that department. And all of a sudden, you find yourself stopped by many, many, things along the way.


For example, handbags. If you didn't know, Hayden Harnett has done a line of handbags for Target, in stores now. My local Target didn't have the normal amount of merchandise when the line was released, so I've been checking back periodically. I managed to snag the canvas and black hobos a couple weeks ago.

Hayden Harnett for Target Canvas Hobo

Tonight, I randomly spotted the black studded clutch and double-flap bag in brown (no longer available online, black is still there). Yoink! Totally been looking for these. (I don't have much hope I'll spot the umbrella, but then I didn't really look in that section. Doh!) I heart Hayden Harnett. I have a couple of their "real" bags and I luv 'em.
Hayden Harnett for Target Studded Clutch in Black

So that was score #1. Score #2 happened in the makeup section. Spying a new line, JK by Jemma Kidd, on an endcap, I paused. Her line seemed pretty cool. I snagged 2 eyeshadows in Vintage and Editor, and the Lip ID Color-Adapt lipgloss. The latter is a clear gloss that you put on and it adapts to your lip tone and changes color based on that. Fun!


JK by Jemma Kidd I-Design Eye Color
in Vintage & Editor



JK by Jemma Kidd
Lip ID Color-Adapt Lip Gloss


The reviews seem good so I'm hoping it'll be worth it. And by worth it I mean, these producs aren't drugstore brand cheap. After JK, I moved onto Pixie. Standing there, I felt like I was standing in a Sephora. The product setup and price, it's not too different from the mecca of beauty products we know so well. But in a Target. We'll see. Hopefully if these lines do well, they'll stick around and I won't have to treck out to my nearest Sephora. So, Pixie. I really like this line so far. I only got a lipgloss, but a lot of the other products were very appealing. I got the Lip Blush in Faeire. I was looking for a product similar to Stila's Lip Glaze in Banana. I may have found it! I had the Stila gloss with me, so I held them up for comparison and might have found a match. Testing all products tomorrow!

Makeup Update 1/27:

Eyeshadows: Luv. Only used Vintage, but color and quality good. It's comparable to Stila's Kitten or Sun, which I love. A nice neutral with some shimmer that makes your eyes pop.

Adapt Lip Gloss: So fun. I put it on and my lips turned a subtle bubble gum pink color. I gave it to a couple co-workers and they each got different colors. After a little while it doesn't feel like you have any on, but looking in the mirror, I still had a gloss and color but lips didn't feel tacky. The color seems to stain your lips a bit so you don't need to reapply often. I added Rosebud Salve on top to keep moisture and shine.

Pixie Lip Gloss: Very nice. Like I said, the color is similar to Stila's banana, a slightly shimmery champagne color. A very nice neutral. Texture is not too tacky, where the Stila is a bit more so. There is also a tropical scent to it that was suprisingly welcome.

Overall, I give the makeup 2 thumbs up, 10 out of 10, 5 stars out of 5. Can't wait to try the other products. Go get some!


Pixie Lip Blush in Faerie

3 comments:

Anonymous,  January 25, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

Wow, this is like Confessions of a Shopaholic

Marta January 26, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

Um, I hope not. No seriously, I've been much better recently. Have to be.

Anonymous,  January 27, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

Let me know how the make up works out, I need to replenish my supplies. I hate that when you don't wear make up all the time and you go to put some on for a special occasion, you look at it an go.

"Hmm, maybe I shouldn't put this old foundation on my face. Oh well!"

At least, I do that.

Visits


Snow Effect

Legal Brownie

Creative Commons License The Brownie Queen by Marta B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://thebrowniequeen.blogspot.com.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP